CONCORD UNIVERSITY MOUNTAIN LIONS
Hometown: Stanley, NC
Position: Second Base
Greyson earned the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference’s Triple Crown, Player of the Year and Hitter of the Year honors, and with the Daktronics Atlantic Region Player of the Year award. Schram hit .508 with 20 home runs and 80 RBI in 38 games; he led Division II in slugging percentage (1.103), on base percentage (.599), home runs per game (0.53) and RBI per game (2.13), and was second in the nation in batting average. He drew 28 walks against just 11 strikeouts. The slugging second baseman averaged a home run every 6.3 at bats and an RBI every 1.57 at bats. He led Concord to a 29-9 overall record (including a perfect 18-0 at home) and an offense that averaged nearly 11 runs per game.
Greyson Schram 2010 Honors:
- National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association All-Atlantic Region 1st Team; Atlantic Region Player of the Year
- Daktronics All-Atlantic Region 1st Team; Atlantic Region Player of the Year
- Daktronics All-American 1st Team
- West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Triple Crown winner
- All-WVIAC 1st Team
- WVIAC Player of the Year
- WVIAC Hitter of the Year
Get to know Greyson:
- In a season full of outstanding accomplishments and success what has been your most memorable moment?
"My most memorable moment was winning our last game at home to finish 18-0 at home." (Concord defeated arch-rival Bluefield State 4-3 on May 1st )
- If you were asked to talk to a recruit and talk to him about joining the team, what would be the major reason for him to choose your school?
"The main reason to choose Concord would be to join a baseball program that is serious about getting better every day, but having fun at the same time. I'd also tell him the dedication and hard work that the coaches and players put in is what makes us an outstanding program."
- Who has been most influential in your development as a player?
- What player that you competed against this year would get your vote for the Tino Martinez Award?
"I can't say that there is a player I played against who's better than my own teammate Donovan Huffer."
- What do you like to do when you're not playing baseball?
"Hunt and fish."
- What are your plans for the summer?
"I'll be an intern with the Bluefield Orioles, and will go to different tryouts and showcases."